November 4, 2017

Beach altered bottle for CE daily

Hi fellow scrappers.
I'm here to share a fun altered bottle I created as my design team project for Creative Embellishments for my bathroom decor.   I had this empty bottle just hanging around my craft room waiting to be played with and so, I decided it was finally time to make her pretty for my bathroom counter..

Here is the bottle I created: 
I had some sea shells in my stash, which gave me a fun idea with a little help from youtube videos on how to alter items..
I started off by adding gesso to my bottle, added several coats, then attached some decorative mold pieces that I created using paper clay and silicone molds.  Using one of the frames from the "Square mini frames " set.. (totally in love with these, so much so that I actually have another project that I'm working on that I also used one those frames.. so versatile <3 ).. I framed one of the big sea shells I added and because my bathroom is beach themed, I had to add the BEACH word on the bottle :)
 
here is a close up of the bottle.. I also added a little corked vial by Tim Holtz, which I fill with little gold art glitter.. I added several colors of sprays to my bottle, green and blue with touches of yellow and black.. I also added some Rust paste and then dry brushed with white gesso.. I really wanted to create an old under the sea look.. Like the bottle had been laying on the bottom of the ocean for centuries :)
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you liked what I have created and that it inspires you to save an old empty bottle or two and get creative.. Till next time
hugs
Nanné

Here are the chipboard elements I used to create my bottle:   Square Mini Frames (Square mini frames)
  On the Beach Word Set (on the beach words)

No comments:

Post a Comment