June 3, 2013

Project Life-Add a Button-S.O.U.S

Welcome to my first Project Life project post for our new challenge over at Stuck On U Sketches..
Us girls at SOUS have come to realize how popular project life has become and its a quick and fun way to keep a journal of sorts for all of those fun things that we encounter in our everyday lives..  I've decided to do it weekly and I've been having a ball coming up with fun tags for my pages..  I am not using clear plastic sleeves, but rather bought a 12x12 chipboard album and thought it would be a perfect way to just tape the cards down in that, for one I like having the freedom of different placements and sizes, instead of always having to create the same pattern..  But the plastic sleeves are fun as well :)  I will be not be posting my weeks in order..
with that said, let me get to my page:
My first PL I decided to start with the first week of May.. We here in Finland celebrated Mayday on the 1st of May.. In tradition we bake donuts and drink home made soda called Sima.. tastes a bit like lemonade, real tasty..

I added a photo of my mom dropping the donuts in the oil.. it got hot in the kitchen real quick..
the flowers are digital that I printed onto the cards..

You can tell her fan club was close up watching every move..LOL


I added the buttons to the week card.. they are also digital along with the stitching.. love creating these print cards with the Silhouette design edition.. just design, print and cut around the card.. Love it!!

I did a little bit of journaling on our traditions here for Mayday and then added a photo of the ready to eat donuts.. they were super good..

on one of the cards I added a list of supplies we used to make the donuts.. I also added a photo of our fur balls getting a small piece of donut.. We normally try to stay away from sugary sweets when it comes to our dogs..


For supplies used to create this page:

Silhouette Cameo
Silhouette Design Edition software
(for the design of the cards)

White cardstock
Digital Kit by:  My Sweet Shoppe
(prints and digital elements)
free fonts for the text


well my fellow crafters..  Now, its your turn to venture out and experience the fun Project Life.. Us girls over Stuck on U Sketches will have challenges every other Monday so do stop by and join in our fun and easy challenges..  There are lots of fun ways to keep up with Project Life, so please dont' feel intimidated and like any other paper craft, there really is no wrong way of making or storing your pages..
Thank you all so much for stopping by today..
hugs
Nanné

2 comments:

  1. Nanne, you did an amazing job with the challenge!!! Love your photos and all of the little extras you've added!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun project life page!!!! I tried to do this last year and only got about three months done :(

    ReplyDelete